Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Give a man a fish....

So I'm trucking along through Spokane, Washington, and I get a call on the cell. It's from a sweet lady up north of Spokane, not too far from our homestead in Idaho. And she wants to place an order for Big Johns Survivalist seeds. Turns out that she doesn't want to do an order online, that she'd prefer to order over the phone. I'm cool with that. There could be a number of reasons why one wouldn't want to order online. You got Google tracking everyone's searches online, the NWO types in our government that want to watch every order we make, plus the typical identity thief out there that wants to steal our credit. Doesn't matter, I do phone orders too.

So I pull into the Petro truck stop in Spokane and taker her order over the phone, we talk for a while. Turns out, her and her husband are quite the survivalists (or preppers, whatever term you want to use). They got their home paid for and are virtually debt free. Gettin' the Survival garden going, stockin' up on food, you name it. They're getting ready for the great collapse. She also knows how to can, matter of fact, they can quite a bit. She says her husband knows all kinds of skills. Do you know that that will be a virtual gold mine during the great collapse? Think of all the unprepared people that will be starving in the streets. They need to know how to survive! They need to know what to do! If you got a skill, then teach it! If you don't, then you better learn yourself. Education will get you the most bang for your buck when preparing. It will also be more valuable than any MRE, gold, or ammo that you got stored up. Consider starting your own survival training business, heck, provide your skills for free or at least at an affordable price if you want to be a good samaritan. When you do, e-mail me and I'll get you linked up with free advertising on my survivalist directory. The more people we prepare, the safer we will all be.

Remember "Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime" Those are the words of a true survivalist.

4 comments:

  1. Some very good thoughts here. Keep writing. You can make a difference.

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely put a link to this blog on the Idaho Preppers Network, and I loved the ideas in your comment. With your permission, instead of posting it as a comment, I would love to post that as a post by itself on the Network site, giving it a title relating to further options for stranded vehicle survival, with you as the post author. Let me know---glad to know you're here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give a man a fish...
    And the government will find a way to regulate and tax your actions. Are your permits in order?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can certainly identify with having valuable skills durin a disaster. I've lived in Florida all my life, so I'm very familliar with Hurricanes.


    I moved up to central florida (melbourne area)just in time for hurricane Francis. Turns out most of my neighbors never been through a hurricane, so they were woefully unprepared.


    Suddenly the 'wacko nutjob' nobody wanted to talk to is the 'go to' guy. I showed people how to rotate their food so it didn't spoil, cook meats to keep them longer, how to flush a toilet when water services are down. I know that sounds pretty silly, but they REALLY had no idea!


    So now with things in the world as they are, I built a website http://www.SurvivalTime.org to help as many people as I can to learn how/what to prepare, basic survival skills..which shockingly not many have.


    It took it a while to get off the ground (mainly for me to have time to work on it) but now it's rockin.


    I found this blog in search for 'survivalist groups' and just had to add it to my own blog, pop in and say HI!

    I look forward to building on the network of survivalist blogs I'm finding every day.


    My Motto: Why put off today what you should have done YESTERDAY!

    ReplyDelete